Kamaboko Crispy Rice
2 cups cooked rice, cooled or warm
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
Pinch of salt
3 Tbsp. butter, softened
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Kamaboko Dip Recipe (you may have leftover depending on how much you top the rice with)
Oil for fryingTopping Ideas
Garlic Chili Crisp
Unagi or Teriyaki Sauce
DIRECTIONS1. Mix cooked rice with rice vinegar and salt.
2. Press into a plastic wrap lined quarter sheet pan or something similar in size to achieve a ~3/4-1" thickness.
3. Refrigerate the rice for at least 6 hours or overnight.
4. Take the rice out of the pan and cut into the desired shape and size.
5. Pan fry the rice over medium heat until crispy. It will take ~4 min per side.
6. Immediately brush with softened butter and soy sauce.
7. Dollop the kamaboko dip on top of the crispy rice. Torch or broil it if you are feeling fancy.
8. Finish with the toppings and sauces.